Welcome to episode 15 of the EdTech Situation Room from June 28, 2016, where technology news meets educational analysis. This week Jason Neiffer (@techsavvyteach) and Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) were together in person at the ISTE Conference in Denver, Colorado! Following the day 2 keynote, they recorded a conversation about some of the exciting new announcements by Google, Amazon, and other companies during ISTE. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to referenced articles, which are also available on http://edtechSR.com/links. We had recording problems (again) with Blab, so are considering moving to a new livestreaming platform for the show. If you have suggestions we’d love to hear them! We’re considering Facebook Live or YouTube. We will NOT have a show next week on July 6 but should be back July 13. Follow us on Twitter @edtechSR to stay updated about days, times, and links for future live shows. We’d love for you to join us live if you can, and to send us feedback whenever you are able to listen to our show. Thanks for tuning in!
- Follow @edtechSR on Twitter!
- Audio podcast feed (Subscribe with iTunes or Stitcher)
- No video available (yet) for this episode, but still check out our video podcast feed and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (episodes also in this YouTube playlist)
- Subscribe to @edtechSR on Blab.im (no archived episode 15, however)
- Jason Neiffer (@techsavvyteach)
- Wesley Fryer (@wfryer)
- Google Expeditions for Schools
- Google Cast for Chromebooks & Google Classroom
- Updates from ISTE: 4 new tools to help teachers do what they do best (Google, 27 June 2016)
- Amazon Unveils Online Education Service for Teachers (NYTimes, 27 June 2016)
- Follow @mistersill on Twitter (gr8 YouTube & digital video tips)
- Inside and Outside Digital Sharing