Our second episode and first experience on Blab.im. We think Blab rocks! Hosts Jason Neiffer (@techsavvyteach) and Wes Fryer (@wfryer) met in “The EdTech Situation Room” on February 3, 2016, and discussed current news and trends in educational technology. In this week’s show we discussed President Obama’s “Computer Science for All” initiative, Apple’s perceived need to innovate more with core iOS apps, an updated rehash on the implications of Apple’s declining iPad sales, a video highlighting the possibility of larger, nineth planet in our solar system, and the future of both Yahoo and Flickr. We also talked briefly about the role of big data in U.S. elections, and shared our Geek of the Week links. Check the podcast shownotes or our shared Google Docs of links on https://edtechsr.com/links/ for more! Please tweet us and share your feedback about and input for the lineup and format of our show. Tune in LIVE to our next show on Wednesday, February 10, 2016, at 10 pm Eastern / 9 pm Central / 8 pm Mountain / 7 pm Pacific.
- Follow @edtechSR on Twitter!
- Subscribe to @edtechSR on Blab.im
- Follow Jason Neiffer on Twitter: @techsavvyteach
- Follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Subscribe to the EdTech Situation Room using your favorite podcatcher (we love PocketCasts)
- View the video archive of episode 2 on Blab.im
- President Obama Announces ‘Computer Science for All’ Initiative (Education Week, 20 Jan 2016)
- New Chrome for iOS is finally as fast and stable as Safari (27 Jan 2016 @AndrewWrites @arstechnica)
- Apple’s apps need work Complexity, feature gaps, and bugs have crept in (The Verge, 2/3/2016)
- New Evidence do a Ninth Planet (great video simulation & green screen interviews, great “curiosity link!”) 25 Jan 2016 @TheKidShouldSee
- Marissa Mayer might finally sell Yahoo (@mashable, 2-2-2016)
- From the world of big data… Twitter Data Signaled Ted Cruz Victory in Iowa Republican Caucus (ReCode)
- Jason’s Geek of the Week Web Pick – http://www.monoprice.com/ why?
- Wes’ Geek of the Week Web Pick: Caffeine software for Mac. Why? Because sometimes you don’t want your Mac to sleep!
- Audio Bumper for the audio podcast of this show: “News Theme” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0